Tuesday, July 11 6pm – 8pm, R Gallery & Wine Bar
Showcasing Your Art: A panel discussion with Rob Lantz & Mary Horrocks
FREE! All are welcome!
Are you looking for insights and guidance on how to showcase your artwork in local art galleries? Join us for an engaging and informative panel discussion featuring Rob Lantz, owner of R Gallery, and Mary Horrocks, Executive Director of Open Studios, sharing their expertise and tips on breaking into the gallery scene.
Rob Lantz, known for his eclectic curation, has established his gallery as a prominent destination for local professional and emerging artists.
Mary Horrocks is a former Curator of Art and Arts Education for Boulder’s Dairy Arts Center and current executive director of Boulder’s popular Open Studios venue. Mary’s expertise includes creating various Open Studios POP Galleries showcasing member artists
Date: Tuesday, July 11, 2023
Time: 6:00 – 8:00 pm
Location: R Gallery, 2027 Broadway, Boulder, CO 80302
Learn the inside scoop on submission requirements, fees, pricing your art, and more! Our guests will share their valuable insights and expertise, shedding light on the often mysterious process of getting your art showcased in galleries and other venues. The panel discussion will be followed by a Q&A session, allowing you to interact directly with our panelists and seek answers to your questions.
• Tips for preparing a strong art portfolio.
• Insights on gallery entry requirements, fees, and selection processes
• Navigating the submission process: Learn how to respond to calls for art, how to approach and effectively communicate with gallery owners.
• Finding the right fit: Discover strategies for researching and identifying galleries that align with your artistic style and vision, ensuring a mutually beneficial partnership.
• Presentation and professionalism: Gain insights into how to present your artwork professionally, including framing, pricing, and labeling, to make a lasting impression on gallery owners.
• Building relationships: Hear tips on networking and establishing meaningful connections within the art community, including attending events, art openings, and participating in group exhibitions.
• Q&A session to address your burning questions
• Networking opportunities with fellow artists and art enthusiasts
Let’s empower and inspire each other as we explore getting our art out there!
Rob Lantz | Owner of R Gallery & Wine Bar
Visit Rob’s website to see his work, featuring the beauty, expansiveness and wonder of our planet. Rob’s love for the wild is expressed in his exquisite photographic collection of animals, plants, earth and sky. https://www.roblantzphoto.com/
MARY HORROCKS | Executive Director for Open Studios
Mary Horrocks has held positions in the non-profit arts sector in Colorado since 2009. Prior to that, as a principal with SW Design, she was responsible for the branding campaign for the Colorado Dance Festival and other Boulder County arts organizations. Her arts non-profit experience includes acting as project manager for the Longmont Studio Tour and for exhibits for the Art Center of Estes Park. For seven years, she served as Curator of Art and Arts Education for Boulder’s Dairy Arts Center. She has been on the board of directors for Frequent Flyers Productions and, prior to becoming the executive director for Open Studios, served on the organization’s board.
Since 2018, as executive director for Open Studios, she has been integral in developing the organization’s POP Gallery and Open Studios Membership programs, in extending Open Studios’ opportunities for artists and the organization’s outreach services to people of all demographics throughout Boulder County. Mary is a self-taught textile artist. From 2016 through 2017, she studied event management, art law and non-profit arts administration at Colorado State University’s LEAP Institute for Art and Cultural Leadership.
Open Studios is a Boulder County visual art non-profit organization that serves the general public and artists through seven different programs. These programs provide the following – 1) Art activities and arts enrichment for the general public, 2) Art Outreach programs for St Vrain and Boulder Valley Schools and underserved communities that encourage development of creative thinking, and 3) Business Training and opportunities for artists that help them earn income from their art practice.