I have always been a visual person and studied design, architecture and urban planning at the University of Colorado and worked in this field in New York City. I grew up sewing my own cloths and have always loved creating. I began painting seriously in 2017 and enjoy the challenge of capturing the essence of an object, person, animal or scene. I love color and the life it brings to the painting and strive to transform subjects and bring them to life in a modern impressionistic style. I enjoy letting the paint “do what it wants to” and am always surprised how my vision for the piece translates onto the canvas.
I am the mother of 3 young adults and live with my husband and dog in Lafayette, CO. I strive to be a positive influence in our community and have served on the boards of the WOW! Children’s Museum, The Boulder Valley YMCA and the Arts Hub. I am a Member Artist and Instructor at Particulars Gallery in Lafayette and assist with gallery operations.
My work has been shown at the following:
- Featured Artist at Creative Framing in Louisville, CO
- Particulars Gallery, The Collective Community Art Center, East Simpson Coffee & Morning Glory Cafe in Lafayette, CO
- The Museum of Boulder, Boulder Arts and Crafts Gallery, jlounge Spa & Ozo Coffee in Boulder, CO
- Western Stars Gallery in Lyons, CO
- Guest Teaching Artist at Boulder Country Day School for Arts Week 2020
- Member of the East Boulder County Artist Association (EBCA) and the Boulder County Arts Alliance (BCAA) Boulder Arts Association
- Member of Girl Painters West Collaborative – local female artist supporting and showing together https://www.girlpainterswest.com