Call for Entry – 2016 Annual Juried Art Exhibition
The Boulder Art Association is pleased to announce the Call For Entry for our 2016 Annual Juried Art Exhibition and Sale. Again this year the event will held in the expansive gallery space in the beautiful new Hyatt Place Hotel in Boulder, Colorado. Deadline for email entry is August 13, 2016 and the deadline for online entry is September 1, 2016. The exhibition dates are November 3-6, 2016.
The art exhibition is open to all artists in the Rocky Mountain region. All artwork must be original in concept and execution, and reproduction giclées are not allowed. Artists in all media are encouraged to apply. Artwork must have been completed in the last three years. Our 2016 Juror is Nancy Wylie.
Deadline for entries: September 1, 2016 (Online Entry)
Exhibit dates: November 3 – 6, 2016
Exhibit location: Hyatt Place Boulder/Pearl Street, 2280 Junction Place, Boulder, CO
Prospectus: Please see the prospectus for the process and guidelines to submit your artwork for consideration by the Juror. PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE PROSPECTUS CAREFULLY BEFORE CONTACTING THE SHOW COORDINATORS WITH QUESTIONS. Incomplete submissions and submissions that do not follow the guidelines will not be accepted.
JUROR and AWARDS JUDGE: Nancy Wylie – Nancy is an award-winning realist painter in pastel, oil and watercolor. She teaches workshops regularly and is an experienced juror. Please visit her website at www.nwylie.com.
JUDGING: Artwork for the exhibition will be chosen from images submitted (i.e.: the artwork submitted must be available for exhibition). SUBMITTING IMAGES ONLINE IS PREFERRED; HOWEVER EMAILED IMAGES WILL ALSO BE ACCEPTED. If selected for exhibition, the artist must hand-deliver the exact artwork chosen by the Juror.
Over $1500 in cash and merchandise awards will be presented at the opening reception on Friday, November 4th. All awards are made at the discretion of our judge.
• Open to all artists in the Rocky Mountain region. Artwork requiring shipping is not eligible.
• All artwork must be original in concept and execution.
• Artists in all media are encouraged to apply.
• The minimum size for artwork is 144 square inches (including frame). The maximum size is 48 inches in the longest dimension (including frame).
• Reproduction giclées will not be accepted.
• Work must have been completed in the last three years and not previously shown in any Boulder Art Association exhibit.
• BAA Membership is optional. Space is provided on the mail-in entry form to join BAA and enjoy discounted entry fees, a monthly newsletter and member meeting, exhibit opportunities, and other benefits. For more information about membership, please visit www.boulderartassociation.org.
• A maximum of three works may be submitted.
• A non-refundable Entry Fee must accompany your submission: $35 for BAA members, $45 for non-members. (The entry fee is a flat fee, not per piece submitted.)
• Follow the Submission guidelines outlined in this prospectus.
Go to www.OnlineJuriedShows.com to submit entries. When filling out your information for this show, please be sure all information is correct – spelling, titles, capitalization, and pricing of artwork. All information entered by the artist is used AS Entered for labels and the catalogue. By providing the images and other information, the artist gives permission through this entry for the Boulder Art Association to use the images of the accepted paintings for reference, printed materials, and online postings, as well as in future advertising. At the end of your entry process, payment will be made using a PayPal account or a valid credit card. No changes can be made after the entry deadline.
THIS ENTRY FORM IS CONSIDERED A CONTRACT and must be completely and accurately filled out by providing all requested information regarding the paintings and the artist. Only digital entries will be accepted through www.OnlineJuriedShows.com, a secured website.
Entry form must be filled out in its entirety, including unframed dimensions (or size), framed dimensions (if not known, estimate it) or weight, medium, and price, if requested. List sizes up to the nearest half inch. Submitted images must not include matting or frame. Crop the photos to include only the artwork. Be sure your images are right-side-up.
For best results, make sure your image is 1920 pixels @72 dpi on the longest side. Images should be in JPEG format, sRGB color space. Help in photographing your work and properly sizing your images can be found at www.OnlineJuriedShows.com/help.aspx. If you need help entering your images or paying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 949-287-8645.
Email Entry with Mailed Entry Form
• Each image must be jpeg format, 1920 pixels in the longest dimension, and no larger than 1.5MB in file size.
• Please crop images to exclude framing and matting.
• Name your file: the first four (4) letters of your last name; a hyphen; the first four letters of your first name; a hyphen, entry #; and painting title. (i.e. seas-xeni-1SummerPastime.jpg).
• Write your name, phone, e-mail address, and image title(s) in the email.
• Send email images to email@example.com and write “BAA Juried Show Entry” on the subject line.
• DOWNLOAD Email Entry Form and mail completed form and entry fee to Nancy Sullo at 2830 5th St., Boulder, CO 80304.
Artists submitting online will receive notification by email from Online Juried Shows by October 1, 2016. If you do NOT receive notification by October 1st, please check your spam and then email or call a show coordinator.
Artists submitting images by email and mailing the entry form and entry fee will be notified by email by October 1, 2016.
If you cannot receive email, please send a letter size #10 self-addressed stamped envelope (SASE) for notification to Nancy Sullo, 2830 5th St., Boulder, CO 80304. If you have NOT received notification by Oct. 2nd, please email or call a show coordinator.
DELIVERY AND RETURN OF ARTWORK:
• All work must be hand-delivered to the Hyatt Place on Wednesday, November 2nd between 3:00 PM and 5:30 PM.
• We cannot accept shipped art. Substitutions for accepted work that has been sold prior to the show will NOT be allowed.
• Unsold work must be picked up on Sunday November 6 between 4:00 PM and 5:00 PM.
• All 2-D entries must be framed and have a wire to hang on grids or be placed on an easel. Gallery wrap with a wire is acceptable. Framing must meet gallery quality standards. Frames must be suitable to the work and the exhibit, must be undamaged and reinforced with hardware and wire in place.
• No saw-tooth hangers will be accepted.
• Artists must bring a display easel for art larger than 40” in any direction, including frame size.
• Sculptures and other work must have their own display base, or be free standing.
SALE OF ARTWORK:
All works must be offered for sale. BAA will retain 30% commission on all sold works (including gift shop items*). Prices cannot be changed after entry submission. We request that sold artwork remains on display until the end of the show at 4:00 PM, November 6th.
*Gift shop participation guidelines will be sent with your notification letter.
Artists participating in the show and/or gift shop are requested to work a two hour shift or help with the show set up or take down.
BAA agrees to handle all work with extreme care, but will not be liable for theft or damage during the exhibit. If you wish to insure your work, you must make your own arrangements.
Saturday, August 13…………Deadline for Entries Received by Email (& Postmarked Entry Form)
Thursday, September 1……..Deadline for Online Entries
Saturday, October 1………….Notification of acceptance will be mailed
Wednesday, November 2…..Art delivery at 3:00 PM – 5:30 PM
Thursday, November 3………Show opens at 2:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Friday, November 4…………..Exhibit hours: 9:00 AM – 8:00 PM
………………………………………Reception and awards at 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Saturday, November 5……….Exhibit hours: 9:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Sunday, November 6…………Exhibit hours: 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Sunday, November 6…………Pickup unsold work at 4:00PM – 5:00 PM
For questions about this prospectus and entering this show, please contact a show coordinator: Nancy Sullo at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-444-8565 or Jan Archuleta at email@example.com or 303-403-1047 OR Xenia Sease at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-499-7701.
Please do not contact Hyatt Place Boulder/Pearl Street with questions regarding this exhibition.