Call for Entries – Annual Labor Day Juried Art Exhibition
The Boulder Art Association is excited to announce the call for art entries for our Annual Labor Day Juried Art Exhibition and Sale. This year the event will held in the expansive gallery space in the beautiful new Hyatt Place Hotel in Boulder, Colorado. The Hyatt Place is in Boulder’s new commercial district at the crossroads of Pearl and 30th Streets.
Deadline for entries: Wednesday, July 15, 2015
Exhibit dates: Labor Day Weekend, September 4 – 7, 2015
Exhibit location: Hyatt Place Boulder/Pearl Street, 2280 Junction Place, Boulder, CO
Molly Davis – Molly is an award-winning watercolor and oil artist and teacher in Boulder, CO. Please visit website at www.mollydavisfineart.com and be sure to watch her video on YouTube.
JUDGING AND NOTIFICATION
Artwork for the exhibition will be chosen from images submitted (i.e.: the artwork submitted must be available for exhibition). SUBMITTING IMAGES BY EMAIL IS PREFERRED, HOWEVER CD’S WILL ALSO BE ACCEPTED. CD’s will NOT be returned. If selected for exhibition, the artist must hand-deliver the exact artwork chosen by the Juror. Notification of acceptance/non-acceptance will be sent by Email on August 8, 2015. If you cannot receive email, please include a letter size #10 self-addressed stamped envelope (SASE) for notification. If you have NOT received notification by August 10th, please email or call a show coordinator.
- Open to all artists in the Rocky Mountain region. Artwork requiring shipping is not eligible.
- All artwork must be original in concept and execution.
- Artists in all media are encouraged to apply.
- Installations and reproduction giclées will not be accepted.
- Work must have been completed in the last two years.
- BAA Membership is optional. Space is provided on the entry form to join BAA and enjoy discounted entry fees, a monthly newsletter and member meeting, exhibit opportunities, and other benefits. Click here for more information about membership benefits.
- A maximum of three works may be submitted.
- A non-refundable Entry Fee must accompany your submission: $30 for BAA members, $40 for non-members. (The entry fee is a flat fee, not per piece submitted.)
- Up to three images may be emailed or submitted with your entry form on a CD.
- If you EMAIL your images, you must mail your entry form and entry fee.
- Images must be jpeg format, 1200 pixels in the longest dimension, 300 dpi, and no larger than 1.5 MB in total file size.
- Please crop images to exclude framing and matting.
- Name your file: the first four (4) letters of your last name; a hyphen; the first four letters of your first name; a hyphen, entry #; and painting title. (i.e., trip-dian-1Tranquility.jpg).
- Write your name, phone, e-mail address, and image title(s) in the email or on the CD.
- Send emailed images to firstname.lastname@example.org.
DELIVERY AND RETURN OF ARTWORK
- All work must be hand-delivered to the Hyatt Place on September 3 between 3:00 PM and 5:00 PM.
- We cannot accept shipped art. Substitutions for accepted work that has been sold prior to the show will NOT be allowed.
- Unsold work must be picked up on Monday, September 7th between 4:00 PM and 5:00 PM.
- All 2-D entries must be framed and ready to hang. Framing must meet gallery quality standards. Frames must be suitable to the work and the exhibit, must be undamaged and reinforced with hardware and wire in place.
- No saw-tooth hangers will be accepted.
- Artists must bring a display easel for art larger than 40” in any direction, including frame size.
- Sculptures must have their own display base.
SALE OF ARTWORK
All works must be offered for sale. BAA will retain 30% commission on all sold works. Prices cannot be changed after entry submission. We request that sold artwork remains on display until the end of the show at 4:00 PM, September 7th.
BAA agrees to handle all work with extreme care, but will not be liable for theft or damage during the exhibit. If you wish to insure your work, you must make your own arrangements.
Wed. July 15 Entries Must Be Received by Email or Postmarked
Sat. Aug. 8 Notification of acceptance will be mailed
Thurs. Sept. 3 Art delivery at 3:00 PM – 5:30 PM
Friday Sept. 4 Show opens at 1:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Reception and awards at 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Sat. Sept. 5 Exhibit hours: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Sun. Sept. 6 Exhibit hours: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Mon. Sept. 7 Exhibit hours: 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Mon. Sept. 7 Pickup unsold work at 4:00PM – 5:00 PM
Please do not contact Hyatt Place Boulder/Pearl Street with questions regarding this exhibition.
Check back soon for updates and more information on this event.