Join us for a spectacular oil pastel demonstration and hands-on tutorial with Rick Dallago. Guests will follow along as Rick presents the unique self-taught blending technique he uses to paint realistic paintings with oil pastels. Rick will discuss color theory, composition plus share trick & methods that he employs when painting.
The BAA is pleased to announce our partnership with R Gallery! Starting this September 2019, R Gallery will feature a wall of art by BAA member artists. The featured artists for September are the prize winners from our 2018 ArtNow! show.
Starting in October, art from BAA member artists will be featured in approximate 6-week rotations, depending on dates. If you would like your art to be considered for the BAA wall in R Gallery, please read below.
- Artist’s BAA membership must be current.
- Applications are due September 18, 2019.
- Images of 3 pieces of work that represent art to be displayedmust accompany application. Each image must be labeled with Artist Name and
- Randy Hale will be jurying for our wall. Randy has juried multiple shows and has several art degrees, including a BFA and a graduate degree in Industrial Design from ArtCenter of Design in Pasadena, CA.
- 12 BAA artists will be chosen for gallery rotations. Three artists will share the wall space at a time.
- You will be notified by or on September 24th if your work is accepted.
- If accepted, artists will be chosen randomly for display dates within the 5-month period from October 1, 2019 to March 3, 2020.
- Artists are responsible for dropping off and picking up work on time.
- Sales: 30% will go to R Gallery and 20% will go to the BAA.
- R Gallery has final word for all art to be displayed.
Instructions for Submission:
- Email BAASubmissions@gmail.com , subject line: “BAA RGallery Wall Submission”
- Attach 3 images of original work that represents art for display
- Each image must be labeled as: Artist Name Title
- Body of email must include: Artist name, phone number/s, complete address plus titles and mediums of attached images
- Email must be sent by midnight September 18th to be considered by the jury
Did you know…
- R Gallery is Boulder’s newest fine art gallery and is committed to providing local artists a first class space for showing and selling their work.
- R Gallery is located on Broadway half a block from the Pearl Street Mall where it gets lots of foot traffic – visitors from all over the world stop in to check out the art!
R Gallery: Stop by and see what all the excitement is about!
Boulder Art Association Sept Member Meeting
Please join us on Tuesday, Sept 10th, for this fun & creative event!
DATE & TIME:
Tuesday, Sept 10th, 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
contact us for the location, thank you.
– Quick Introductions, Announcements
– Botanical Dyeing
Please join us for a unique and inspiring event where we’ll learn how dyes are made from plant materials such as bark, leaves, flowers, roots, vegetables and minerals to dye textiles for both home and fashion. We’ll also have the opportunity to make our own dyes from onion skins and avocado pits to dye a small piece of natural fiber fabric.
What to bring:
Please collect and bring as many red and yellow onion skins and avocado pits (keep them in the freezer) as you can along with small pieces of natural fiber fabrics to dye (silk, cotton, linen). You may want to bring an apron or paint shirt to protect your clothing.
If you have access to other plant materials or flowers like marigolds and coreopsis, you are welcome to bring those along as well.
Free for current BAA members. If you don’t have fabric for the pot, a couple of pieces of fabric will be provided for a small fee of $5.
If you’d like to become a BAA Member, please join on our Membership Page. https://boulderartassociation.org/membership/
WHAT: BAA Member Show 2019
WHO: Open to all current members of the Boulder Art Association
WHEN: Registration: September 23rd to October 21st. The show will run November 19th to November 24th
WHERE: R Gallery
HOW: Watch for registration link and more details coming soon.
- Participants BAA membership must be current
- Participants must volunteer for a 2-hour block of time for the show
- Registration fee: $35
- The BAA will be accepting 2 art pieces from each member: The first can be no larger than 18×24″ (including frame) The second can be no larger than 36 sq.inches (including frame). One or both pieces will be part of the show depending on number of participants.
- Artist may also bring: 2-3 wrapped, matted prints or original art to be placed in a shared bin (flat, no frames) and up to 20 cards to be placed in a shared rack
- All art, bin work and cards must be labeled on back with artist’s name, phone number, art title, medium and price
STAY TUNED FOR REGISTRATION DETAILS COMING SOON!
The BAA – Run by Artists, for Artists
Denver Art Museum MONET Exhibit
What: Join BAA artists, family and friends for this fantastic opportunity. Our small group of sixteen will have the guidance and full attention of our very own docent. Afterwards, you are free to enjoy the rest of the museum on your own.
When: November 12, 2019 2:00pm – 5:00pm
For more information about the exhibit, visit this link:
WHAT: The BAA will be at the Boulder Art Fest, offering a hands-on art mural, oil painting demo with Andrea Roth-Moore, photo booth, raffle and more!
WHO: All are welcome! Adults & Kids of all ages are invited to add some color, design & FUN to our rollout mural. We’ll have crayons, markers and watercolors – All we need is YOU!
WHEN: Sunday, July 21st, 10 am – 5 pm
WHERE: Find our booth on the Pearl St. Mall, near R Gallery https://www.boulderdowntown.com/arts-fest
WHAT: You’re invited to a Boulder Art Association Plein Air Art Gathering & Potluck
WHEN: Tuesday, July 9, 2019 from 9 AM – Noon. All Members and friends are welcome.
WHERE: We’ll meet at Diane Wood‘s beautiful garden near Longmont for a morning of art, refreshments, and community. Diane Wood is an accomplished pastel artist and long-time Boulder Association member (Address & directions below).
HOW: Bring your own art supplies and a dish to share. Since we’re working outside, all mediums are welcome, so paint, sketch, sculpt, photograph as your heart desires!
Recommended: Bring sunblock and a rimmed hat if it’s a sunny day! Also please bring your own water bottle.
Location: 6914 St. Vrain Rd., Longmont, CO 80503
Directions from Boulder:
– Take Highway 36 North, towards Lyons
– Turn East on St. Vrain Street
– Proceed approximately four miles, passing 65th Street
– Driveway is immediately past white fence on the South side of Saint Vrain. (The house is not visible)
– Signpost and mailbox read 6914
– Driveway is a one-lane gravel road
– The Wood’s home is the first house on the right, 1/2 mile down drive
– Park in the fruit orchard near the driveway or at the garages
Need help or directions? Contact Diane at: 303-678-7456
We look forward to seeing you all there!
The BAA is excited to invite all to visit our booth in Lyons this August at Art at the Riverbend!
Join us August 25, 2 pm – 6 pm
Stop by to say hello or hang out with us & lend a hand with meeting, greeting & discussing our favorite topic: ART!
- Presenting the art of several member artists! (Available to purchase or simply view.)
- Raffle prizes throughout the day! Prizes include: Free One-Year Membership to the BAA, BAA canvas bag, (Large enough to hold an abundance of produce or art supplies!) and an assortment of art cards and works donated by member artists.
- Art Activities! Keep cool by decorating your very own paper fan or color coloring pages drawn by member artists.
- Artist Demo! Ray Geier (Acrylics) will be on site and open to questions, comments and conversation.
- Artists on hand to chat with you about art! Weary of politics? Let’s talk art!
- Come say hello, get your questions answered and learn about our growing artist community!
Let us know your interest by emailing Info@BoulderArtAssociation.org. We’d love your company – It’s always wonderful to have an opportunity to hang out with fellow artists!