February 14th, 6:00 – 8:00 pm
R Gallery & Wine Bar (2027 Broadway, Boulder, CO 80302)
“Lyrical Love” with Cyndy Hinkleman-Smith
Join Cyndy Hinkleman-Smith at our February 14th Member Meeting, “Lyrical Love”. Cyndy will guide us through her process for painting playful abstract art inspired by poetry, a song, or just “lovely” words. This is a hands-on event – attendees are encouraged to create their own poetry-inspired art alongside Cyndy with their own materials (list below).
Are you in the mood for love? Bring a love poem or love song & even paint with your beloved as part of a romantic evening!
Supply List (please limit your materials to the following due to space limitations at R Gallery & Wine Bar):
- Watercolor paper (size limit 9×12″) and/or small canvas.
- 3-5 colors/tubes of watercolor or gouache paint (or 1 tray set of 8 – 12)
- Small palette tray (for tubed paint)
- Small container for water
- 3-5 paintbrushes
- Fine tip permanent markers to write with – black, silver, gold, pink, white, or a variety of colors
- Paper towels
- Favorite poem, lyrics from a song (love poem/song is encouraged, but not required!) or quotes you’d like to incorporate
- Optional: Cut out text/words to glue in place plus gluestick (these can also be added to your watercolor painting later)
- Pencil and sketchbook (for practice or to take notes)
Executed in acrylic and mixed media, Cyndy Hinkelman-Smith’s work is characterized by effervescent color, rich and unexpected textures, and a canny blend of the representational and the abstract. Often, she takes on deceptively simple subject matter which captivates the viewer with its unexpected freshness of expression, and she invites us along in her exploration and spirited view of the world as she sees it.
Hinkelman-Smith, a lifelong resident of the Boulder area, lives in rural Boulder County on 5 acres with her husband, Greg, and dogs Sampson and Tundra. Website: https://www.cyndyhinkelmansmith.com